Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rumbly Tumbly

This morning when I was getting ready, I thought I was going to pass out. I had not yet had anything to drink, so I sat down and drank a glass of grape juice. Maybe my blood sugar was low? I've never had any blood sugar issues, so maybe it was just the lack of nutrients I've been getting. Thank God for Isopure drinks! They don't taste the best, but I think they're helping me feel better, keeping me hydrated, and giving me extra nutrition and of course protein.

Honestly, I know that people go back to work this soon after the surgery, but I would be one raving witch and no one would want me for their nurse, because I need food for my mind to function properly!

My stomach is still rumbly tumbly with gas, and I am hoping that will get better when I start eating. The Gas X strips help a little.

I am walking a little, and doing laundry and other simple house chores. My hubby helps me with any lifting. It is day 5 post op and I've lost 8 lbs. I am down 30 lbs. since the beginning of the year!

I have been so bored since my surgery. It is amazing that most of the things I love to do revolve around food: going out to lunch with friends, meeting up for a frozen yogurt, going to the movies and having popcorn. Even going somewhere like Monterey centered around where to eat! Crazy...I need some new hobbies.

No comments: